Nido Viewdeck Cottages respects the privacy of all its customers and business partners, and treats personal information provided by you as confidential.
We pledge to fully comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Privacy Act of 2012 of the Philippines “to protect the fundamental human right of privacy of communication while ensuring free flow of information to promote innovation and growth.” and, where possible, internationally recognised standards of personal data privacy protection. We use your personal data and information in order to fulfill our commitment to providing you with distinctive Asian standards of hospitality service.
This Policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by Nido Viewdeck Cottages.
The term “personal data” in this Policy refers to personal information which is capable of identifying you as an individual. You can visit our website without providing any personal data or information. When we need to collect personal data from you to provide you with a particular service, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need.
Personal data may be collected as part of:
• fulfilling reservations or requests for information or services
• accommodating your personal preferences
• purchasing our products or services
The types of personal data that we process include:
• your personal details, contact information, passport and visa information;
• guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences, telephone numbers dialled and faxes and telephone messages received;
• your credit card details, account details, profile or password details
• any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example, leisure, travel and guest preferences);
• your reviews and opinions about our services;
• information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems and other security systems; and
• information relating to the credit of customers.
We may use and disclose relevant portions of your personal data and information in order to:
• process and/or confirm hotel arrangements and restaurant reservations;
• provide and charge for the hotel accommodations and other goods and services you purchase;
• provide privileges, benefits and services to you;
• provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
• fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers and your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators and other requested);
• conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys;
• respond to requests for information and services;
• provide for the safety and security of guests;
• administer general record keeping;
• facilitate direct marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, including sending you sales promotional communications or special offers if you have consented to receive the same. Please see section “Direct Marketing” below;
• facilitate matching for whatever purpose with other personal data;
• disclose the winner of contests and lucky draw competitions conducted by us or on our behalf; and
• meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal data and information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property. We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations.
We may share aggregated demographic information with business partners, affiliates or other entities. This aggregate information is not linked or traceable to any personally identifiable information about you.
Except as described herein, we do not permit the sale or transfer of personally identifiable information to third parties.
We intend to use your personal information (including your name, address, telephone numbers, email and other contact details) to send you marketing communications such as direct-mail, email, telephone calls and SMS containing news, offers, promotions, events to be offered by us or by our business partners in relation to the following classes of products and services: travel, transportation, retail, food and beverage, credit cards, financial and investment services, real estate, entertainment, publications, fashion and jewelry, leisure and sports, health and wellness, non-profit and charitable activities, telecommunications, social networking, media and public relations.
We may not use your personal information for direct marketing without your consent. We will always ask for your consent before we use your personal information for direct marketing. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications or contacting Nido Viewdeck Cottages in accordance with the section “How to Access or Correct Personal Information”.
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorized access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors. If you are a child or minor, you may only use our website and services with the permission of your parent or guardian.
Visitors to our website www.elnidoviewdeck.com do so on an anonymous basis. We have not configured our website to collect any information from your computer without your input. This means that unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with information, we will not know your identity, your email address, or any other information identifiable to you.
To enhance your experience on our web site, some of our web pages may use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally-identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering for one of our services. However, once you choose to furnish the site with your personally-identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
You may always choose what personal data and information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name).
We will abide by any request from you not to send you direct marketing materials. When such a request is received, your contact details will be “suppressed” rather than deleted. This will ensure that your request is recorded and retained unless you provide a later consent that overrides it.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted to our website so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use your personal data. Updated versions of our Policy will include the date of the revision at the end of this Policy so that you are able to check when the Policy was last amended.
Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the website. Use of the website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Philippines.
This Policy is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.